- Agoda: One of the top choices for budget flight searches.
- Skyscanner: A great app for flight searches- whether you have a flexible schedule/ destination or not, it will give you a comparative list of prices from various companies.
- Kiwi: The only platform that offers multi-flight combinations on the web. This is super budget friendly, especially for long-haul flights. They even guarantee a free flight if their transit flight does not work out!
- Secret Flying: If you have no timeline or a set destination, why not sign up for this site and do a spontaneous across-pacific trip for less than an out of state flight?
- Megabus: Megabus is the best! I’ve booked a ticket from Paris to Brussels for $1.50. It didn’t require a cat fight either. As long as you book around three weeks or so beforehand, it is super easy to get a cheap ticket. Not only is the service through major cities in Europe, it is also operated in US and parts of Canada.
- Big Bus Tour: Yet another great tour service that runs around Europe & North America
- Rail Europe: While you can get nice sky views in a plane, there is nothing like crossing Switzerland and looking out the window to see plains of green and blue. Traveling by train is just a whole other level of peace, especially when they have decent student discounts!
- Via Rail: In Canada, we may not the luxury of extremely affordable plane tickets, but we do have decently priced trains. Via Rail is the go-to if you are visiting the Great White North!
- Agoda: Also a great budget hotel platform that provides worldwide results. Some of their stays have thousands of reviews, which is super helpful if you want a luxury getaway at an affordable price!
- Trip Advisor: No need for explanations here, TA is probably one of the most popular platforms for accommodation abroad.
Other Travel Needs
Music, Books & TV
Below, are several items with a 30-day free trial. There’s no harm in trying it out right? 😉
- Amazon Music 30-Day Free Trial: You should know Amazon. Well, they got a free 30-day unlimited trial going on!
- Amazon Kindle 30-Day Free Trial: I love to read while traveling. What better way to do it than using Kindle?
- HBO Free Trial: How about a free trial for movies while on the go?
Equipment & More
- Nikon 3200: I currently use Nikon 3200 and love it! From late 2016 onwards, my photos turned out much better than days when I only used a phone camera. I’m also thinking about upgrading to a Canon 70D or a 5D Mark III because I’ve heard amazing things about it.
- GoPro Hero 5: The quality of this little thing is incredible. I currently use a made in China fake GoPro and have realized that it was a terrible decision. Although the camera I have is just as handy, the quality is nowhere as good as GoPro’s.
- Fujifilm Instax Mini: I love capturing moments and seeing the results on film right away! I’ve always loved Polaroids because they are super fun to play around with, and the pictures always turn out just right. This is the perfect thing have if you are always on the run like me.
- Backpacks: When I travel, I usually have two backpacks. A hiking backpack, and another small, compact one. I usually roll up the small one into the larger bag and use it whenever I am strolling around the city.
- Body Wallet: Obviously I don’t leave the country without stacking a body wallet under my shirt for all my money and IDs. They are usually super bulky and ugly, but StashBandz somehow made it into a nice, decent looking thing. Impressive!
Interesting Travel Guides
- The Secret Traveller Blog: From some of the best-kept travel spots and secret locales to the most disappointing tourist destinations, this travel blog from 1Cover puts a unique spin on traveling!
This post contains affiliated links at no cost to you 🙂 All clicks will help with keeping this site alive and healthy!